Category 8.2 Cable
Daro Connectivty provides LEONI’S MegaLine® G20 S/F, a low smoke zero halogen (LSZH) jacketed Category 8.2 shielded S/FTP (PiMF with overall shielding) cable. Four twisted pairs cabled together, pairs individually shielded within aluminium foil surrounded by a tinned copper braid and encompassed within a halogen free, flame-retardant cable sheath.
The LEONI MegaLine® G20 S/F Category 8.2 cable is ideal for all applications of classes D to FA and Class II, multimedia (TV, video, voice, data) > 40 GbE according to IEEE 802.3 bq (draft), cable sharing, VoIP, Power over Ethernet (PoE/PoE+).
International standard ISO/IEC 11801 Information technology – Generic cabling for customer premises specifies general-purpose telecommunication cabling systems (structured cabling) that are suitable for a wide range of applications (analogue and ISDN telephony, various data communication standards, building control systems, factory automation). It covers both balanced copper cabling and optical fibre cabling.
The standard defines several link/channel classes and cabling categories which differ in the maximum frequency for which a certain channel performance is required:
- Class II: link/channel between 1600 MHz and 2000 MHz using Category 8.2 cable/connectors (specification under development)
- Flame retardancy: acc. to IEC 60332-3-24
- Fire Class: Dca s2 d2 a1 acc. to EN 50575 / 50399
- Product standard: IEC 61156-9 (Draft 2015)
- Certification: VDE logo, GHMT PVP
For further information and enquiries relating to our range of Category 8.2 Cables please get in touch.
- Data centres
- ISO/IEC 11801
- EN 50173
- ISO/IEC 24764
- EN 50173-5
- PDTR 11801-99-1
- IEEE 802.3 bq (draft)
- PoE and PoE+
- Exceeds performance requirements for Category 8.2 cable
- Yellow (RAL 1021) LSZH jacket
- Bandwidth 2000 MHz
- Excellent shielding characteristics
- 1000m reels
- Supports Power Over Ethernet (PoE & PoE+) applications
- VDE certified
- Low skew, Excellent NEXT
- Fire Class – Dca s2 d2 a1 acc. to EN 50575 / 50399
- RoHS and REACh conformity
View the Complete Copper Cabling Solutions Product Range